Ahoy there, so I haven’t done many posts about *me* as the blogger behind the words as of yet so I’m unsure where this fits on the site, but hey ho. You can get to know me a bit here and judge me by my answers! I wrote this a while back and thought I should finally post it up.
Thanks very much to Lucy of Lucy Goes to Hollywood for nominating me in the Sunshine Blogger Award, which has a goal to inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community (this can only be a good thing!). Follow her blog here and her twitter tag @lucyjadebuglass 🙂
The rules for accepting this nomination are as follows:
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate new blogs to receive the ‘award’
- What is your favourite film genre? Probably action… I love classic action films like the original Terminator series, most Arnie stuff really, the Bourne series, Bond and all that jazz. Tarantino always gets me excited..Inglorious Basterds especially. Cannae wait to see Once Upon A Time In Hollywood this month! lassics like Gremlins (I have a Gizmo tattoo), Ghostbusters and BTTF are high up in my favourites along with Lost in Translation, Gladiator and Clint Eastwood Westerns. Quite a mixed bag but I’m not really a rom-com watcher, aside from Love Actually where the Rickman and turtlenecks pull me in… although it’s a trashy film I do get all warm and fuzzy around Christmas, DON’T JUDGE ME! I generally like films with guns and fights and stories based on true events are always good fun too (Mesrine, On the Basis of Sex, Vice).
- Who inspires you? Now that’s a question…at the moment definitely women who are rocking the world of equal and proper treatment and who stand up for wrongs in the world. I work in a very male dominated industry and am proud to represent as a woman who knows her stuff in her role. I recently watched On the Basis of Sex and I knew nothing about Ruth Bader Ginsburg and still don’t aside from that film but to me that was pretty powerful stuff. I actually have a conference call today with the Head of Diversity and Inclusion at the company I work for because I won’t pipe down with moaning that I’m not being replied to about the gender pay issue, which is horrendous in the industry I work in.
- What do you enjoy most about blogging? Finding out about fun and new places to eat. Spending time with people while I review places. I also love taking photos which is a big part of creating content.
- If you could only eat one thing for the next month, what would it be? Oh gawsh. One meal? Probably our home made chili with cauliflower rice. That shizz is so delicious! I’ll have to drop the recipe somewhere on here…. I want to treasure it in my mouth forever. Health-wise though I should probably go for a salmon piece with some kind of sweet potato and salad so I don’t burst out of my clothes (even further). I can’t even think about all the good food there is to eat at restaurants so I’m limiting myself to home cooked here.
- Do you have any bad habits? I’ll say my tendency to correct people when they use the wrong version of their/there/they’re and your/your and general stuff like that. I changed a word on a vending machine sign last year and someone called me ‘finickity’… they wrote ‘excepted’ rather than ‘accepted’ in relation to the coins it would accept, so I couldn’t leave that uncorrected! AMIRITE?!
- Tea, coffee, or neither? Tea. Breakfast tea with oat milk and a sugar – erryday. I love me coffee though at the moment Vietnamese Coffee rocks my socks.
- What would you do if you won the lottery? I don’t even know! Be in disbelief for a long time. Quit my job, exercise and probably go on some courses or something; try and work out what I want to do for work (part time) without having to deal with the actual pressure of a full time job at the same time.
- Do you consider yourself to be an optimist or a pessimist? On my twitter bio I’ve written ‘optimistic pessimist’ because I have a pretty low view of the world but also a great deal of hope for people. Which 90% of the time gets dashed which brings me back to the more pessimistic view. So I am an optimistic pessimist! Faith in the good of people but also very aware that people can be right gits.
- Could you survive a week without any internet connection? Yes, everyone can. I love the interweb but it is freeing when you can’t access it. Social media has taken over a lot of lives and has a big negative impact on mental health, I think. I don’t really like Facebook very much and prefer Instagram which is more to document good times than have a ‘style’ or ‘theme’ (aside from the Fork My Piehole page which is very focused despite being lesser used). Twitter for me is largely ramblings and talking to myself. When it comes to messenger apps I have most of my conversations on mute so I don’t get notifications which has really helped me detach from them and feel less mental pressure (from myself mainly) to respond instanty. None of the stuff I’ve mentioned is required and the webternet is definitely an addiction for a log of people – we need a detox sometimes. Having my phone stolen earlier this year on holiday was a strange and nasty feeling but I made the most of the situation and just enjoyed being present.
- Do you have any pets? If not, do you want any? I don’t have any pets as our letting agreement doesn’t allow for it. I would love a cat or two! In the last 11 years I’ve had some Sea Monkeys – very exotic – along with letting a neighbour’s cat roam around my home and finding cats when I’ve travelled abroad. However, nothing proper of my own. Sad face.
- If you could travel to any time or place, where would you go? Well I’d totally TARDIS it up so I could visit ANYWHERE! Mooowahaha! I’d be interested in visiting a ton of places and times just to test them out but historically women haven’t done so well which perhaps lures me to the future to see what’s to come. But then that’s dangerous if the future turns out to be bleak, I mean who would have predicted Trump would make President and that Leave would be the result of the EU Referendum? Who knows what’ll happen… *starts blog ages ago having written this and finishes this blog just as the INSANE Alabama abortion bill has passed….FML*…
My Nominations to answer the same questions are:
- Hannah from Ponderous Pieces: ponderouspieces.com / @hannahrenowden
- Jane Davis (my Mum): janedavis13.wordpress.com / @janedavis13
- Jax (my sister) from Busker to Bride: buskertobride.blogspot.co.uk / @jaxface @jaxbraithwaite
- Curt from Hollywookiee: hollywookiee.com / @hollywookiee
- Alex from Wheelsuckers Podcast: Wheelsuckers Podcast / @singyamotokun
- Jasmin from Vintage Vandalizm: vintagevandalizm.com / @vintagevandal
- Jessica of Pin Up Persuasion: pinuppersuasion,com / @pinuppersuasion